The quickest JSON / XML / SQL online formatter in town : what you paste is immediately beautified
with syntax highlighting, node navigation, minimap, recursive formatting, search supporting regular expression, ...
Enjoy, it's free, intuitive and very fast. Format JSON (or similar), format XML, format SQL, format anything !
Is this a JSON / XML / SQL validator ?
No, it's not a validator. The formatter is very tolerant and accepts anything that looks like JSON / XML / SQL. Moreover, if the input is invalid or truncated or escaped,
Format Express may even try to fix it and unescape it. In these cases, the result may not be strictly equivalent to the given input.
The most common use-case is to help read minified input found in logs or web services.
Tell me about privacy. Is my data safe ?
Yes. The data submitted on this site is securely sent over https to the server for the formatting, where it is neither saved nor logged.
How can I trust you ?
You can't ! So if your data contains sensitive or personal information, do not submit it on any random website, including this one.
- Arrow keys : navigate from line to line, expand or collapse blocks.
- Ctrl + arrow keys : navigate 20 lines at a time.
- Alt + arrow keys : navigate between lines of the same level.
- Shift + arrow keys : scroll window.
Created by Christophe Boulet :
- Settings to change the number of spaces used for indentation. More settings will be added later (February 2021)
- Keyboard navigation, drag and drop of text and files (January 2021)
- Replace unicode notation \uXXXX or XXX; with the real character via a tooltip menu (December 2020)
- Detect XML or JSON inside a value. The value can be unescaped and formatted via a tooltip menu (December 2020)
- Minimap of the formatted text for easier navigation (November 2020)
- In-app search, with regular expressions support (September 2020)
- Dark mode (May 2020)
- Breadcrumb navigation for XML and JSON (May 2020)
- Partial Hjson support : comments, multiline strings (April 2020)
- Support for input copied from a fixed-width console (April 2020)
- Syntax highlighting for XML, JSON and SQL + expand/collapse nodes (March 2020)
- More flexibility on the XML parser and limited HTML support (February 2020)
- More flexibility on the JSON parser : fragments, single quotes, missing quotes... (January 2020)